Reply to post:

If you're going to exploit work's infrastructure to torrent, you better damn well know how to hide it

Kiwi

My point was that supposedly good business connectivity shouldn't be worse than cheap consumer broadband.

Guessing you've never dealt with Vodafone (at least VF NZ) or "The cuntany formally known as Telecon" (ie 'Spark').

In recent times around $100 would get you unlimited ADSL and decent if not unlimited VDSL (if avaialble) for a home connection, but over $200NZ would maybe net you 5gig of data for a business connection - if you were fool enough to stick with them (Tele$cum were charing over $250/name/year for domain name services when '1st Domains' were charging $21 for the first year and $24/year for each year after that - and more services than smellycon even knew existed at the time (I know coz I asked about something and was told it cannot be done such a thing doesn't exist, went to 1stD and "Yes we do that, costs you no extra". (sorry, this was 15 or so years ago, cannot recall the full details - which brings me to another really great thing about 1stD - in that time the basic layout of their page has not changed aside from necessary additions for improved functionality! None of this 'rebranding' bullshit just coz they haven't changed fonts or fucked up the layout this month, they know how to get repeat business and that's by making it as easy and quick as possible for us to deal with them!)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon