Reply to post: Re: set top boxes are a pain in the arse

UK culture sec hints at replacing TV licence fee, defends encryption ban proposals and her boss in Hacker House inquiry

NotBob
FAIL

Re: set top boxes are a pain in the arse

You've got a second plug to connect, usually a bulky power adapter that doesn't play nicely with the other plugs behind the telly.

Maybe, but not necessarily. Mine uses a USB power supply, and my TV could actually power it. Have you actually looked into it?

You've got to put the set top box somewhere, and its not going to be on top of the set - they don't fit these days.

They're surprisingly small. Have you seen a Roku or a Chromecast, or are you just making unfounded assumptions?

You're using up another HDMI socket - TVs that are going to need a set top box only have a couple of HDMI sockets.

You're grabbing at straws. You could use the old A/V hookup with the three RCA plugs, potentially. Of course, I'm tempted to ask what's plugged into those ports since there's no space to put anything that could plug into them based on your other question, but that would require that you maintain logical consistency.

You've got yet another remote control to lose down the back of the sofa.

So the fact that you're either disorganized or lazy should be the reason, ignoring that Roku, for one, already demonstrates using your phone as a remote?

Should I go on?

Only if you've got a real reason

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon