Reply to post: What Happened To The British Bulldog?

UK ads watchdog bans Burger King Twitter jibe for condoning chucking milkshakes at politicians

Tempest
WTF?

What Happened To The British Bulldog?

Nearly 80 years ago millions gave their lives or suffered injuries for the cause of freedom.

What a waste - given the Nanny Regime that has insinuated itself in to British life and has resulted in almost every facet of life in Britain.

If you don't agree with a advertisement or display, simply don't buy their products.

A friend was in London a few weeks ago and was having a loud 'discussion' with someone who had short-changed my friend. Some character, in street clothes, flipped open his Plod I.D. and said they were breaching some law. My friend, who is university educated, addressed the alleged Plod using an extended vocabulary, expressing himself more vehemently.

Plod responded said he didn't understand what my friend said but Plod said he could be arrested based on his 'attitude'. I think this is what the Army called 'dumb insolence' when I served. My friend switched to Chinese and repeated his opinions, leaving Plod with a blank look on his face.

Seemingly any of the standards that were current but a few years ago have been swept away by the standards adopted by authorities.

Sad.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon