Reply to post: Re: Could we have an oversized Marker

Baby alert! Japan Air lets passengers book seats far away from screaming abdabs

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Could we have an oversized Marker

Pity Jake didn't read all the way down to "...we were 2x60kg and one 90kg "... wife and teenager ~60kg each, me 90kg. The reasoning behind the 60kg start point is that few adults will weigh less (average UK male 84kg, female 69kg) and many pax travel with cabin baggage only, not using the full ~20kg baggage allowance. That means the base price would often represent most of the cost of the flight and I would not suggest the cost per excess kg be high.

As for individual weight, I lost 10kg since, it's not easy but the trick is to eat less. As for "penalized for my genetics", you may not have control over your genetics but that doesn't mean you can't do anything to improve your health (exercise, diet), but in any case your genetics have already penalised you:

An individual of 180 cm 79 kg is considered overweight and 94 kg is obese. Life expectancy is reduced if overweight and, broadly speaking, the more overweight the shorter the life expectancy: you can look forward to poor health and increased death rates from cancer, heart disease, diabetes and stroke.

Height is an issue too : "men of height 170.2 cm or less lived 7.46 years longer than those of at least 182.9 cm"

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019