Reply to post: Madness

Holy smokes! Ex-IT admin gets two years prison for trashing Army chaplains' servers

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Madness

He could of argued it was an act of insanity, it appears to get people off assault or murder charges. After all, he could claim "Why would I possibly do all this in my name. I was always going to get caught doing it in my name. It was just a moment of insanity".

Having said that, if you're in a position where you can't do it in anything other than your name then you need to do it in a way that can't have you criminally charged but have a similar, less destructive effect. Like deleting all the documentation you've ever created, no one else's, just your own, then recreate blank copies, so on the next backup, they should overwrite the originals. And all those videos guides you've created you delete, because they are going to end up being deleted anyway when they delete your account and forget they allowed the use of YouTube video guides so most of the Intranet will now be full of No Longer Available video guides, you can just make this happen sooner.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019