Reply to post: Re: Obligatory XKCD

Behold the perils of trying to turn the family and friends support line into a sideline

defiler Silver badge

Re: Obligatory XKCD

My old Divvie was easier to ride than my brother's first post-test bike - Yamaha TZR250. Lovely wee machine, but needs its neck wrung! At least the XJ had nice wide, flat bars and huge mirrors!

CBR600 is a bike I've never had. I looked at them, but went another direction. I believe the F models were always pretty forgiving, though. A lot of poke for a new rider, and lots of plastic to break, but a great bike nonetheless. Shame it got nicked - that's sickening.

My daily driver these days is a '97 Blackbird (which some scrote tried to nick a couple of years ago). That's a hell of a machine, even today. They were just out when I passed my test, and some people were buying them directly off the back of 5-day intensive courses with their test on the Friday. I dread to think of how many people got hurt doing that sort of thing. (The place I got my Divvie were saying the same thing was happening there but with the ThunderAce.)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019