Reply to post: Re: Oops...

US lobby group calls for open standards to fight Huawei 'threat'

Michael Wojcik Silver badge

Re: Oops...

Just like we could never have had IPv6 without IPv5.

It's just a frickin' name. We can have 27G right now if we want - just rebrand 4G.

Personally, my response to the whole kerfluffle will be to ignore 5G. I have no reason to use it anyway. Frankly, for 95% of the things I do with my phone, 3G works just fine; and the other 5% isn't even close to important.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

  • Enter your comment

  • Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019