Reply to post: Re: Nothing new...

For real this time, get your butt off Python 2: No updates, no nothing after 1 January 2020

Glen 1 Bronze badge

Re: Nothing new...

'Thats why I said "for your own use".'

Which could have meant your own companies use. (I admit, it didn't in this case)

"might just as well write the whole program in C or C++ "

Hey Guys! Boltar is volunteering to write a full web application in C or C++! Good Luck with that.

As i've said elsewhere:

"I'm paying someone to solve a problem, not to give themself a blowjob over how smart they are - that's how LISP happened."

"Sure there are times when you *want* to juggle memory addresses, but a regular CRUD app? Nah. If there are performance issues somewhere down the road, there are several layers of abstraction to peel back before I start looking at (for example) C SELECT calls. That's commonly called "premature optimisation" is is frowned upon by those with a clue."

--

The above poster found a bottleneck, and solved it. They didn't "build the whole thing in C or C++" with the required (expensive) level of expertise and subsequent debugging issues. The resources were spent where they were measurably needed, not self flagellating about the tradeoffs of interpreted languages.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019