Reply to post: Re: Keyboard japes

Handcranked HTML and JPEG japes. What could possibly go wrong?

Androgynous Cupboard Silver badge

Re: Keyboard japes

Not my anecdote, but a mates, and from finance rather than IT. As I remember it he was fairly senior in one of the London investment banks, and was on a train with some colleagues to visit a company to assess it for investment. In the first class carriage next door was Gordon Brown and his posse. The lads were discussing same arcane point of financial theory and decided to get it from the source, so my mate got up, went into Gordon Browns carriage, explained what was going on to security then the man himself, and managed to get an answer in return.

So far, so dull. My mate returned to his carriage, and decided to gift Mr Brown a book on the topic which he'd been reading - signing it off with his name and "Thanks for your help, maybe you'll find this interesting". Being in Finance, of course his mates had previously found the book on his desk and added their own scribble inside, which - as I recall - was "<name> likes little boys" and a picture to match.

Fortunately, sometime before he handed the same book to the Chancellor of the Exchequer, my friend and noted said scribble and removed the page. His friends were unaware of this, and were mortified when he related his tale to them on his return - I believe their guilt kept him in dinner and drinks for some time.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon