Reply to post:

Like a grotty data addict desperately jonesing for its next fix, Google just can't stop misbehaving

Martin Summers Silver badge

Look, I hate to be the one who comments here and says this. I just cannot see what the actual issue is and what I'm meant to be afraid of. I've used Google and Gmail for many many years. Not once have I been harmed by them having access to my data. I've not suffered any untoward consequences online or in the real world. I really don't understand the bogeyman stories. I'm getting a free service and yes advertisers know probably more about me than my wife, do I care about that? No not really. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter to me. So someone tell me what I'm actually meant to be afraid of, give me a really compelling reason, real demonstratable harm that shows why I should stop using Googles services and I will.

PS: If I'm just going to get down voted and no factual answers to my genuine question then that's not really very helpful. If you just have an irrational hate of Google then fair enough just don't take it out on me.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019