Reply to post:

More on that monster Cerebras AI chip, Xilinx touts 'world's largest' FPGA, and more

StargateSg7

I should note that that a 65536-bits wide integer processing supercomputer COULD solve the 256-bit AES-key issue in exactly 2^128 tries using simple bit-wise calculations in as little as 19 days! That's what our engineers told me.

They are thinking of creating that ultrawide integer-only computing device by using trapped Xenon Atoms within Quantum Wells that have their current spin state "read" every few femtoseconds using pulsed femtosecond lasers IN PARALLEL so that a Quantum computer-specific problem could be simulated in normal linear time and not polynomial time!

Since this is a PSEUDO-quantum computer, modern CLASSICAL computation exists and thus problem-solving algorithms can be described in normal C++ code and run as normal on such a machine. Xenon is STABLE and has known spin characteristics MEASURED and IMPARTED (without decoherence!) by a femtosecond laser AND can be manufactured (i.e. trapped) in a quantum well fairly easily.

And BECAUSE I can put so many Xenon atoms in a small space, I only need to worry about the laser circuits which for reading/imparting 65,536 separate bit values, would be the size of a small warehouse BUT focus into a chip area barely the size of a postage stamp! IT'S DEFINITELY by the parent company! They can EASILY afford it!

And at a few tens-of-femtosecond read/write operations based upon the spin rate of a Xenon atom, I could run a 65536-bits wide math operation MANY QUINTILLIONS of times per second! Again, it is estimated by our corporate ComSci PhD's and MSc-EE's that we could break AES-256 in linear time in 2^128th tries in about 19 days with a 65536-bits wide CPU!

DOES THAT WORK as an explanation for you?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon