Reply to post: Re: I Truly Loved Firefox

Mozilla shaves down Beard to a luxuriant mustache, looks for new CEO by end of year

Claverhouse Silver badge

Re: I Truly Loved Firefox

I'm using an very old version of Firefox, and an IceCat [ though that browser is in severe decline ] and Seamonkey [ not hot on extensions either, though it's the latest ].

Sometimes Palemoon and Waterfox, both have presentation problems. [ All those listed are the same Gecko engine I guess and makes them all look much the same with each their own deficiencies --- which shows the severe deficit of browsers for any platform, since the main alternative is a Blink engine, and I've always rather felt Google destroyed the browser market with their unpleasant and simplistic Chrome.]

Vivaldi, which is hilariously bad ( they can't even get the tabs to spread along, instead concertinaing them into tiny tiny narrow tabs and if you accidentally close a window, you can't just restore it entire ) but can reach some sites my Firefox refuses: Brave is exactly as fugly, but I erased it with salt and fire as soon as I realised it pulled in the unbearable GVFs not just polluting KDE with GNOME stuff, but this horrible thing throws up dozens of cpu-crunching instances in the task manager.

Installed Yandex, but it doesn't work.

Originally it seems there was basically only NetScape/Mozilla or Microsoft. Now just Mozilla or Google.

Progress brings Choice.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon