Reply to post: Re: Charging points

Electric cars can't cut UK carbon emissions while only the wealthy can afford to own one

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Charging points

Yet Transport for London has put in 10,000 public chargers in the last year. I've started seeing them appearing all over the bits of London that I visit. Most people don't need to charge fully every day. Studies have shown that once or twice a week would do for most people once the cars have 200 miles of range.

But yes, we need electric busses. London is leading the way here with that but many councils are doing ZERO about their local environment. Some districts are actually blocking town councils from putting in Chargers in their car parks.

Yet, Chargepoint Scotland is rolling out chargers all over the place. many are totally free to use.

What we want is a government that is not totally consumed with one topic. aka BREXIT. IT needs to be sorted one way or the other. There are plenty of other issues that are just not getting addressed because of it. Whichever side of the argument you are on, I don't think you can disagree with that.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019