Reply to post: Me too...

TSO Host no closer to solving customers' email issues as Brit firm pops up on more blacklists

Blitheringeejit
Unhappy

Me too...

5quid were indeed lovely to deal with, unlike any other hosting company I've used before or since.

TSO were actually OK with me at the beginning, when they were still run by the original founders - the migration from 5quid was traumatic, but it was possible to get decent, intelligent tech support when problems cropped up. Though I agree that their billing was a shambles for years after the takeover - they once shut down my VPS for non-payment even though they had taken a direct debit subscription.

But then they were bought by Host Europe, and everything started to go wrong - especially farming out the support to eastern Europe - the quality and availability of support has gradually declined ever since. And the subsequent buyout of Host Europe by GoDaddy can only make things worse in the long run - eventually all your TSO are belong the GoBorg.

If the 5quid guys are listening, there's definitely a big hole in the market for UK-based, friendly and intelligent hosting services like what you used to run. I'm sure you had good reasons for selling up, but your departure was a sad day for a lot of folks, and we'd love to see you back.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon