Reply to post: People always want to bypass the proper channels.

Looming US immigration crackdown aims to weed out pre-crime of poverty. And that may be bad news for techie families

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

People always want to bypass the proper channels.

Who hasn't had a manager/user/department head try to sidestep set procedures and policies to get something done?

Cloud contracts on expense cards, new office chair hidden in the printer budget, a case of vodka in cleaning supplies, etc.

Both sides of the immigration debacle are guilty of it. There are people pressing at the borders who want everything NOW, because they're stepping on the soil, and it's their "right", or who are just so naive that they think it's a "get across the line" thing.

Then you have the other side that wants to bypass restrictions on or block enforcement of the regulations that are already in place to prevent abuse of the immigration systems.

For most countries you wouldn't think of just walking in and demanding full treatment without doing the proper stuff. In some of them, that would be an easy way to literally disappear and become one with the earth again.

I'm not bashing immigration by any means, I wouldn't be here if it weren't for it.

My ancestors came over through the proper channels of the time, for better or worse of how those operated, so it kind of is a hot button when people expect a quick bypass of enacted procedures.

Maybe we could bankroll cruise ships to move some of our overage to Canada, where they will be met with open arms, a heartfelt "Sorry for the delays." and a complementary Tim Hortons travel mug? Put a film crew on them and the media may even pay for it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon