Reply to post: Re: inspired by 8chan

Cloudflare punts far-right hate-hole 8chan off the internet after 30 slayed in US mass shootings

Kiwi
Holmes

Re: inspired by 8chan

Or to put it another way, it is very difficult to murder 20 people and injure another 26 in the space of 5 minutes with anything other than a gun.

Molotov cocktails around a crowded shopping centre (they'll do most of the killing/maiming themselves), truck or car through a crowd, simple IED perhaps placed on vehciles parked near mall entrances (not necessarily mine or stolen vehicles), perhaps even a few loud bang devices placed in rubbish bins.

Explosives.. Heating up spray paint/deodorant etc cans can do that, as can gas bottles. I have no idea how quickly the latter will go off in a burning car, and perhaps the relief valve will work well enough to prevent an explosion (unless I jam it). Of course I could try to let the car fill with gas and ignite it later, but I may drive out too much oxygen so not manage to get things to burn. Nitrous Oxide - readily available in handy sized pressurised containers IIRC - could be another fun one if the bottles can be made to explode.

Poison gasses can be easy to make as well, although getting anything into a strong enough concentration to be truly effective is perhaps not very easy. (I can make large quantities of carbon monoxide just by going for a drive, capturing it, storing it, and releasing it so it'll work is another matter)

With a decent panic, especailly with many armed people in the crowd, you don't even need to directly kill. Hell, I probably could kill 50 people just by letting off a small firecracker around a jumpy armed crowd.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon