Reply to post: Re: I want

And we're back live with the state of the smartphone market in 2019. Any hope? Yeah, nah

Dave 126 Silver badge

Re: I want

Samsung have only just ditched the headphone socket from their flagship phones, so at the time you were choosing your handset you still had that option.

I'm now on the fence about a headphone socket. Whilst I use it often in the car, I can hear noise if I'm charging the phone from the cigarette lighter socket, something impossible through a Bluetooth connection and less likely through an included USB 3 > 3.5mm dongle. My work around is to charge a battery pack from the car and then use that to charge my phone. I suppose I can either buy a better fag lighter charger or buy a dongle, either for around a tenner. Chromecast Audio takes care of audio at home, Bluetooth earphones at work allow me to move around whilst charging my phone. Since I'm now sold on Active Noise Cancelling earphones, were I to buy a wired pair (say for long distance travelling to complement my battery powered wireless earphones) they would be USB 3.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon