Reply to post: Re: Brexit

New UK Home Sec invokes infosec nerd rage by calling for an end to end-to-end encryption

hammarbtyp

Re: Brexit

Our EU membership causes a situation where we need to have an immigration system that is unfair and racist - leaving the EU is an opportunity to put together an immigration system that is fair and not racist. That's not contradictory and it is a fact.

EU membership gives you freedom of movement not immigration. The important part of the equation which is often missed off by brexiters is that the right is reciprocal. I have the right to live, work, and study in any of the EU countries, an opportunity that I and many others have taken up. While many little englanders cannot get it around their head why anyone would want to leave this sceptetred isle (until retirement, when for some reason they all bugger off to Spain), in many large projects the ability to utilize the intellectual capital of the entire EU is invaluable. You will not find any immigration agreement that will come close to that level of benefit

As for fixing the EU's problems from within they've had 40 years and laughed in the face of everybody who has tried - including Emmanuel Macron, the saviour of the EU. They won't change in another 400 years unless somebody leaves it who is bankrolling it and even then it's a crap-shoot. Delusional is the most polite word I can use to describe ideas like that.

Maybe we should solve our own problems before we get on our high horse and claim we are better than others. I often talk to my German colleagues and they do not have the issues with the EU as again they have not had the years of dis-information campaign that we have been exposed to here, led initially by our Joker in chief, Boris himself

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon