....the tip of an iceberg
It ignores all the people that have been eased out using various cunning plans.....
- Being encouraged to retire early
- Being encouraged to retire early or quit by moving them into a shit job
- Being encouraged to retire early or quit by making life unacceptable such as having to fly to another location every week
- Forcing roles back into an office they don't have any reason to commute to (so much for flexible working) while making it difficult to reserve a desk
- Forcing people into a limited number of locations meaning you can uproot your family or fuck off (targets older workers who have put down roots)
- Setting quotas for annual review ratings
- Telling resourcing people in Costa Rica not to staff you onto projects
- Setting the expectation you might be axed soon and the package is shit so go find a new job now and quit
- Finding ways not to pay any bonuses
- Generally ignoring you and hoping you bugger off
... the list goes on, anyway these don't end up in the layoff numbers.