Reply to post:

People of Britain: You know that you're not locked into using the same ISP forever, right?

The C Man

Been with TalkTalk as a follow up to Tiscali as a follow up to One2One. Suffered from slow speeds for a couple years until TalkTalk said "Please take us to the Ombudsman so we can then take your complaint to OpenReach. One month later OpenReach laid in a new copper cable from their junction box to the mast and I now have the highest speeds in the area. Comes the end of each contract period I phone TalkTalk's customer loyalty team who then find me the latest discount offerings. I also keep an eye out for special offerings for new customers and if their is a really good one I'll renew my contract to take advantage of it. (You don't need to be a new customer to take advantage of special offers). Results: I now have a speed to house of 70Mb at a lower cost (£27.25) than over five years ago although slightly higher than it was on the last contract. I'm now waiting for the next special offer to get the price down again.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020