Reply to post: Re: Wait, I just felt the sanity boulder budge a few inches uphill...

Brussels changes its mind AGAIN on .EU domains: Euro citizens in post-Brexit Britain can keep them after all

I ain't Spartacus Gold badge

Re: Wait, I just felt the sanity boulder budge a few inches uphill...

Well it's only sanity a little bit. I mean, it's great that they're now allowing EU citizens resident in the UK to keep their domains - a decision that's way overdue and something they should have thought of when making their stupid and arbitrary decision before.

But they're still banning all non-EU citizens in the UK from keeping their domains. Which in my view is still a shitty decision.

Particularly when 10% of .eu domains are registered from the UK - which might suggest that dealing with this issue would be better done at a rather slower pace. Unlike things like customs arrangements, there was literally no need to rush this decision - or to rush implementing whatever decision was eventually taken.

It might not be all that important, in the grand scheme of things, given how relatively unimportant the .eu domain is - but nonetheless the Commission have handled it pretty poorly (and I'd argue pretty mean-spiretedly) - and should be called out on it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon