Reply to post: fully agree

British ISPs throw in the towel, give up sending out toothless copyright infringement warnings

Dave K

fully agree

Can't agree more. If you buy a film on DVD/Bluray, you have to watch a stupid copyright notice in 5 differend languages, then a swirly logo for the publisher, then a swirly logo for the studio, then a swirly logo for the company that authored the DVD, then a long-winded menu introduction...

Pirated film? Hit play and the film starts. I like to support content creators, but going out of your way to make the pirated version much more user-friendly is a very strange approach to take.

Same goes with games. Pirated versions have the DRM cracked, so install and play anywhere, most legal titles dont. Hence again, the pirated version often offers a better experience. GOG is one of the few exceptions here and is why I often buy GOG games where I can.

And dont get me started on the damage that the loudness war has done to music. Why would I pay £10 for 45 minutes of hyper-compressed distortion?

Tip for content creators/publishers. Make your products as good as they can be, and as accessible as possible and you might find that more people are willing to buy them...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon