Reply to post: Re: up to a 20 per cent pay cut overnight... For many, the cost of their current mortgage

Industry reps told the UK taxman everything wrong with extending IR35. What happened next will astound you

Dr. Mouse

Re: up to a 20 per cent pay cut overnight... For many, the cost of their current mortgage

There are also people starving in Africa, so why should I feel sorry for you or your kids?

Brilliant, love it!

I've had this argument with people who complain about our overseas aid budget. Everyone in this country is in (IIRC) the top 10% of people in the world for income (it may even be the top 1%, I can't fully remember). So why are people complaining that we are helping people worse off than ourselves. Even the homeless in this country are generally better off than a lot of people in Africa. I'll admit there are serious issues with how the money is allocated and with that money not reaching those who need it, but that doesn't mean we should be spending less on them.

Back to the point, though, the problem of the OP's kids being barely able to afford crap accommodation is not the fault of contractors. There are many issues at play which are hampering the prospects of the younger generation. Address the causes, don't just have a go at others and belittle their problems.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon