Reply to post:

Now that's just offal: Heap of pig guts hog road after truck spills load in Kansas City

Muscleguy

I had some pig guts for dinner tonight. Filled with home made pork and sage (fresh from the garden) sausagemeat. The rest of the guts used are in layers of plastic bags and covered in salt at the back bottom of my fridge for the making of other sausages. I very much prefer natural hog casings over the cleaned and dried versions or an of the dried sorts of casings.

if anyone wants to come round I have pork and cider apple* bangers as well and I think there's some beef and rosemary bangers in the freezer too.

*dried apple soaked overnight in cider before being frozen and minced with the pork etc. Makes a very toothsome banger and excellent sausagemeat for other purposes like mixed with mine and made into a meatloaf or sausage rolls. I roll my own bangers because I'm gluten intolerant (no, really) and the supermarkets after making all their decent bangers so rolled that back a lot. Besides I get to make really nice bangers. An extra fine and cocktail size version of my pork and sage standard have been a big hit as a side dish to the roast at Xmas dinner.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon