Reply to post: Re: See you see me?

Blackburn ain't big enough for the both of us: Mr Creamy and Mr Whippy at the centre of new ice-cream war

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: See you see me?

'I have been told that some ice-cream vans in Glasgow still sell "additional items"...'

Can't comment on Glasgow, but here in the town of the Psycho Swan, while it isn't as bad as it once was, it is still not uncommon, in the dark, cold depths of midwinter, to hear the dulcet chimes announcing the unseasonable presence of one of these purveyors of the finest comestibles somewhere on the scheme (these days, there's only one van brave enough to chance it, either that or it's 'protected', I'll leave that for you to figure out).

In the summer, you'd expect it to show up when the sun is splitting the sky, but no, when it does appear, just as it does so in the winter, it's always after dark.

It'll usually park up in an obscure(ish) spot, well away from where you'd normally expect it to park for maximum 'footfall custom', but, happily, a spot with a good view of the only road in to our bit of the scheme...a couple of shufflers will appear, buy whatever, shuffle off, and the van will once again disappear into the night...

You never see any children go to it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon