Reply to post: Colour coded for a reason....

Let's talk about April Fools' Day jokes. Are they ever really harmless?

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Colour coded for a reason....

20-odd years ago when I worked for a large (Canadian) telecoms company, a colleague had looped a cable tie through the centre of the coiled base-to-handset cable of my phone, so when he rang me and I picked up (he was a couple of cubicles away) the phone phone came with it. Oh how I laughed, especially as it sent my morning coffee flying across the desk as well.

As revenge, I went and swapped the green & purple PS/2 connectors for his keyboard & mouse (a Gateway P75 IIRC) so neither his keyboard and mouse would work. I was intending to watch him when he got back....however I got an emergency call to the shop floor, left before he returned from his smoke break and forgot all about it....

.....4 hours later I return to my desk and as I walk past his cubicle I get that cold rush of blood leaving my body as I see an IT Bod in there.....I overhear "Must be the motherboard, I'll take this machine away and bring you another one".......

....Did I confess? Eventually - after we'd both left the company a year later when it started hemorrhaging jobs.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon