Reply to post:

Trump: Huawei ban will be lifted!
US Commerce Dept.: Yeah, about that…

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

For all Nicola Sturgeon hates him, she sounds more like him everyday - "CLIMATE EMERGENCY" gets yelled out at convention out of the blue, 3+ years of work on Air Departure Tax abolition suddenly torn up and the entire membership and activist base starts trying to out green Patrick Harvie, claiming that the "real extremists" aren't XR and various other drivel clearly sent down from SNP High Command.

Reminds me a lot also of North Korea, where the dear leader proclaims something and every underling (no matter their previous stated positions) are suddenly scrambling to parrot from the hymn book and back the leader 1100%.

All while doing nothing about the burning of wood causing huge local air pollution - "there isn't a consensus yet on the impact" (no consensus on fracking but lets ban that) (read friends in industry don't like it and we've decided that industry "studies" carry more weight than reams of scientific studies about the hazards of wood burning to public health), "Its carbon neutral" "its sustainable", "The problem is that people aren't burning clean and dry wood" (no that still causes problems) "there's a review being done by Professor Gemmell of our air quality strategy" (read it will be buried if he says anything that the dear leader doesn't like the sound of) "I'm aware you have some issues with their usage" (yeah they cause bronchospasm, penetrates into my house and poisons my air, along with spews NOx (you know the stuff they went after diesel for), PM10, PM2.5, CO, SO2, NH3 and vast quantities of Soot and CO2 out. Woodsmoke seemingly being a high level carcinogen, but lets not do anything, lets kick it into the long grass and at the same time announce that 20% of Scottish Agricultural land be turned over to forestry and biomass.....so the air quality will be worse than 1950s London soon, but hey no gas burnt and that makes it green in their eyes. They also are no better than Michael Gove of the Conservative Party and worse did a deal with them to slacken the planning system further.

Just waiting for them to cut a deal with Boris / Hunt for an IndyRef 2 in exchange for a Confidence/Supply Deal......

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon