Reply to post:

Engineer found guilty of smuggling military-grade chips from the US to China

StargateSg7

This MMIC (Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuit) mil-spec argument is TOTAL BS !!!

.... I've got an OPEN SOURCE ASIC DESIGN with full COMBINED CPU/GPU/DSP/ADAC/DAC functionality that can do usually 60/80/100 GHz up to 2 THz using super-cooled GaN and GaAs substrates and literally ANY IDIOT can etch it on a 280 to 400 nanometre process (GaAs and GaN need much wider traces than general Si CMOS). you could even PRINT my super MMIC designs on a 2400, 4800 dpi or 9600 dpi photolithographic process at micron sizes which you can buy ANYWHERE in the world!

Everyone wants Intel Core-i7 chip sizes but if you GET OVER YOUR WHINING, you can just print it all at a larger process size and build your own designs using commonly available print and etching technology!

I think it's time to put my Tape-Out MMIC designs onto GitHub or some OpenSource sites!!! That will be a nice middle finger to major governments when ANY idiot can print a 60 GHZ to 2 THz monolithic general purpose CPU circuit using older, if larger, chip-making processes!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon