Reply to post: Re: Thus guaranteeing

UK.gov pledges probe into tourists' 'motivations'

Jamie Jones Silver badge

Re: Thus guaranteeing

Good....

And I don't mean that as an insult. - We don't deserve you.

This country is fucked. Half the population are morons, and the whole brexit mess has shown the self-serving politicians are not fit for purpose.

We want to close the borders, and stop freedom of movement, but then expect people to want to come here?

And May wants to try and launch schemes to encourage tourism? If the whole lot of them hadn't made the country so damn uninviting then they wouldn't need to spaff more money on useless projects.

The NHS only exists because of the people at the time - if we had a US style insurance system today, there's no way any politician would try to go single payer - indeed, the tories are slowly privatising the NHS bit by bit.

The UK has the worst rich-poor divide in Europe.

Workers rights? Long holidays?? The only thing that hasn't given us more of the same bad conditions that America has is due to the EU, and now we're fucking that up too, laying outselves to be exploited by the big corporations just like America.

We don't even have decent weather to make up for it.

And for those who say "If you don't like it, leave", I'll ignore the stupidity of that statement and reply that if things continue as expected over the next few years, then after family commitments are sorted, I'm off.

This is no longer a nice place to be, so, yeah.. don't visit. The UK doesn't deserve you.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon