Reply to post: Re: Its the updates

Large Redmond Collider: CERN reveals plan to shift from Microsoft to open-source code after tenfold license fee hike

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Its the updates

AC and highdiver_2000 - you're either many years out of date, not as competent at IT as you think you are, or you're trolling, IMO. Linux is an absolute doddle to install and use even for non-techies, and has been so for quite a few years now. I've had multiple experiences of giving non-IT folk a Linux install disk, in about half the cases they installed it themselves with me merely looking over their shoulder in case they had questions. Every single one was delighted with the result, could do every thing they needed to with Linux, and was even happier months later at the lack of problems they'd had compared to using Windows. Oh, and you do not have to use the command line at all, ever, if you do not want to.

I don't understand why some folk bother trying to imply that Linux is hard to use and that you have to be able to use the command line. That;'s a bit like saying that Army life is all being yelled at by centurions and slogging away at gladius training for a couple of hours a day... !

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon