Re: The Open University provides 0365 and doesn't accept open document format
"If all formats were accepted, then we would get all sort of obscure data files which we would have to translate and translate back."
Sorry, how many formats do you think are commonly used these days?
- HTML : anything more modern than IE 6 can read that (I could go further back but it scares me).
- PDF : Its a pdf. Its as openable as a packet of Jaffa Cakes.
- ODF : Got MS office? If its 10 years old upgrade already.
- DOC : Its a DOC, even ancient MS office can open this, heck you could go back to DOS versions.
- DOCX : If you can open this you can open ODF too.
- RTF : Now who is being silly? But if you can open DOC, DOCX, and ODF in MS office or LIbre Office you can open this too.
- TXT : If you cant read one of these files I think you are not using a computer.
I'm interested in what esoteric formats you expect to get because I havnt seen any recently.
Do many of your users use Amiga OS? I swear they can export to at least 3 of the above formats.