Reply to post: slighly off-topic rant time.

Oblivious 'influencers' work on 3.6-roentgen tans in Chernobyl after realising TV show based on real nuclear TITSUP

I ain't Spartacus Gold badge
Megaphone

slighly off-topic rant time.

I'm all for mocking the Instagramites and influencers. But the thing I don't get, or go along with, is this complaining about people dressing up - as if it's some deeply disturbing social statement.

People cosplay as vikings (remember all that raping and pillaging?), and do re-enactments - though hopefully only of the battles and the post battle drinking sessions, not the rest of it. People dress as storm troopers and Darth Vader - which by the way is also a dystopian sci-fi story, just not written by as credible an author...

I got quite annoyed by all that hysterical shit about Prince Harry "dressing as a Nazi", i.e. going to a fancy dress party in a german uniform (I'm assuming SS from the outrage but never cared to check) - so I suppose I should also be annoyed on behalf of some Instagrammer I've never heard of too.

Otherwise we need to ban about a quarter of cinema, a good chunk of literature and quite a lot of music. And large amounts of fancy dress and cosplay - I mean dressing children as witches is surely going to encourage them to discrimate against lonely old women and possibly even burn them!

In the immortal words of a colleague of mine, "fuck that shit!" Otherwise there are surely enough of us offended by all the faux outrage that we can get the Guardian banned for peddling it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon