Reply to post: I watched a large section of the proceedings

No backdoor, no backdoor... you're a backdoor! Huawei won't spy for China or anyone else, exec tells MPs

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

I watched a large section of the proceedings

The article is a good representation of what went on and that the respondents were indeed knowledgeable.

When the MP's were digging hard on political pressure and state law I though that the respondents were excellent at not mentioning that Cisco et al have bowed under this pressure in the US in the past (see the Snowden leaks).

I thought that the MP trying to accuse Hauwei of being complicit like the Nazi gas suppliers was well below the belt!

I am familiar with some of the Hauwei code. Some of the third party stuff is very good, some of the 'home-brew' is less professional, but still pretty good - not unlike most commercial code I see! The same goes for the Cisco and Juniper code I've seen. (All legitimately examined I must add.)

Come on, let's have less of the 'witch-hunt'. Assume that everyone is spying on everyone else, end-to-end encrypt if you feel you need to, and lets get on with life using the appropriate technology.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon