Reply to post: Your comment is entirely incorrect

Boffins stole our 3D files – and gave them all to Facebook's AI eggheads, claims Lithuanian biz

doublelayer Silver badge

Your comment is entirely incorrect

AI works with data. In fact, AI is so ill-defined that you can have any type of input and do something generally called AI to it. I think we're mostly talking about machine learning. Machine learning has no requirement for text input. It has no requirement for questions, statements, etc. You simply provide some data, a method of training some model of some type, and some method of determining whether it is correct or not. This is why this data is so important, as it seems to have been created with attention to details that make it easier to use in machine learning without painful preprocessing.

I also have no clue how your statement would impact this situation if it was in fact correct. Let's say that they did need to provide questions. The collectors of the data could have provided those. Even if they didn't and, as before, questions were required (let me reiterate that they are not), obtaining the data sans questions in violation of terms would still be against those terms and thus illegal.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon