Reply to post: Re: What fraction of a gram ?

Barbie Girl was wrong? Life is plastic, it's not fantastic: We each ingest '121,000 pieces' of microplastics a year

bombastic bob Silver badge
Devil

Re: What fraction of a gram ?

just think - there are tiny particles of WHALE PISS in every bit of sea water you get into your mouth and nose while swimming in the ocean.

Also, think of all of the RADIOACTIVE FALLOUT from above ground atomic explosions in the 1950's, Chernobyl, 3 Mile Island, SL/1, and Fukushima, and so far [never mind the fact that Mr. Sun is putting out enough rays to give the average person 100mrem per year and it's worse when you're at 30,000 feet in an airplane] it's all "below minimum detectable levels" because [after all] the SOLUTION to POLLUTION is DILUTION. Just ask someone whose task it is to dilute some kinds of toxic waste down to below the maximum allowed discharge concentration level before dumping it into the sewers. Yeah, it's "a thing". Or, at least it WAS a thing at one time.

Yeah, that "below minimum detectability" thing lets a LOT of "pollutants" circulate around, through everything. And yet, nobody's growing extra limbs or developing odd diseases because of it [or else it'd be front page news, because ALARMISTS _LOVE_ to have 'see I told you so' stories manipulating people into various behaviors and knee-jerk reactions, for the power and control and money it all brings].

Maybe it's why we only live 100 years instead of 1000... but how can you POSSIBLY know when things like bacteria and viruses are far more prevalent and a LOT more dangerous, and our immune systems have to constantly fight all that stuff off to prevent us from decaying to death.

Seriously, I call "Henny Penny" on this one. The sky is NOT falling, and I'll take that famous advice from the Hitch Hiker's Guide: "Don't Panic".

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon