Reply to post: Re: I would love to hear the response...

We ain't afraid of no 'ghost user': Infosec world tells GCHQ to GTFO over privacy-busting proposals

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: I would love to hear the response...

'..One difference for me is that I don't actually care if the Chinese government is listening to my conversations quite so much because I know they have no interest in me...'

I fear you're paying far too much attention to the 'theatre' of international relations, the stuff you see on TV and read in the papers is for the consumption of the masses, and shouldn't be regarded as being a truthful representation of the actual situation. It might be very true that the Chinese have no direct or immediate interest in you and yours, but they might know a man who does...and we're not just talking about the intelligence services of other nation states here (though the old 'you do me a solid, I do you a solid', as the USians say, has always worked there).

Information is power, all information is valuable to someone, somewhere, and I don't know if you've noticed, but nowadays we do have this global market economy thingy going on round these here parts...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon