Reply to post: Re: Follow the instructions correctly

Ikea hopes to spare shoppers the one-way Helvete of its stores with ÅR app overhaul

John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: Follow the instructions correctly

"you curse at the idiot who did the drawings left-handed, upside down and backwards."

I remember getting a phone call from brother-in-law many years ago. He'd bought an Ikea wardrobe and was having problems getting it assembled. I got there about 7pm and was gone 11pm by the time we got it all assembled (with a few spare screws, natch!). Now, I've always been a stickler for reading the instructions first. Even as a young kid, mam knew who to come to if something didn't seem right with any device that arrived with instructions. But those FSCKing Ikea instructions almost beat me! At one point we had the guide rails for the sliding doors almost fitted according to the pretty pictures then realised we had the top and bottom guide rails swapped over and that's why the bastards didn't fit.

After that experience, I have NEVER bought Ikea products since then. (Apart from the fact it's so hard to find what you want in their warehouses and they force you to wander the entire floor area unless you are a paid up weekend warrior and know about the secret short-cuts.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon