Reply to post:

That magical super material Apple hopes will hit backspace on its keyboard woes? Nylon

Updraft102

And because of this, if I ever were to own an iPhone (perish the thought!), I'd have to find something to hide the Apple logo. I'd rather it be unbranded and look like a generic Android cheapo. It would not be a status symbol... if anything, it would be a pretentiousness symbol, tagging me as one of those Apple cult dolts who will get shat upon and apologize to Apple for deserving it.

On the other hand, the other major player is Android. I don't like smart phones and I don't plan to ever have one, but if I did, the Apple may actually end up being the lesser of two evils. Even with its premium price and not so premium build quality, not to mention its locked-down nature both in hardware and software, at least it's not Google.

I loathe Microsoft too, btw, just to round it out, and that's relatively recent. I had contempt for them after what they pulled during the browser wars days, but that was tempered by my liking for XP and 7. Now I despise them from stem to stern.

I keep reading posts by former Mac fans who are fleeing the platform (in favor of Windows) because of how bad Macs have gotten, and then I go to another site and see post after post by former Windows users who have fled to Mac or Linux because of Windows 10.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon