Reply to post: Re: Only in Nany State Britain...

Let's check in with our friends in England and, oh good, bloke fined after hiding face from police mug-recog cam

John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: Only in Nany State Britain...

"I honestly think that to buy sharp stabby knives you should have a license."

Really? I should spend money on a load of stupid plastic gadgets that don't do a very good job or get a "licence" to use my proper chefs knife that does a better job than most of those gadgets?

Kitchen gadgets are designed for people with aspirations who never actually try to attain them, hence the lack of effort to learn how to do a job properly and instead rely on cheap, plastic, nasty gadgets which they only ever use a couple of times before relegating it to the back of a drawer, cupboard or the bin.

I would bet, with a high degree of confidence, that 99.999% of sharp knives have never been used in a criminal way.

As an an examples, back in the late 60's, early 70's, it was notices that a lot of people were drowning. There was a huge advertising push to tell people how dangerous water can be and all school kids had swimming lessons. That campaign ended and now, a few generations later, people are getting pissed and falling in rivers and canals and drowning. The "modern" solution? Campaign to have city centre rivers and canals fenced off at great expense so a very few (ie 10's per year out of 60 MILLION PEOPLE) can be saved from their own ignorance and stupidity.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon