Reply to post:

Hi! It looks like you're working on a marketing strategy for a product nowhere near release! Would you like help?

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Working for a corporate outsourcing firm supporting a large company that made things go boom. They officially divided a large team of people to support one particular arm of the business. However this had been done to get them the contract. Few beers with a friend and his dad one evening at a summer BBQ and we got as you do to talking about work. Now the Big Company in question had believed they had a dedicated team dealing with their support as they had to have separation between business arms, and when he asked if I was still on the team I told him it had gone, and they just got whoever was on the floor. Cue a VERY disgruntled exec ringing up on the Monday morning to tear strips off my call centre manager, and the team suddenly being reinstated. I had zero idea what his dad did for a living. Was fun to see people being moved around again.

I kept my mouth shut at work about it as I was already heading out the door because it was an awful sweatshop of a place.

Another job someone called up for support with their Blackberry on my personal number about a month after I had left. "I'm very important, and we pay a lot of money for your support out of hours". Now they still owed me money, and they were being somewhat difficult to get my last month wages while also withholding my bonus (I never got that), and arguing over about £500 in expenses. I took some great delight in pointing out the guy had called my personal mobile, I no longer worked at the company, and telling him that they may accidentally have dropped about 50 laptops off some racking in the stores (Which I'd had to help clean up), and hadn't told them. Weirdly on the Monday I got another call from the guy apologising, and thanking me for telling him. They did eventually pay me when I faxed (yes it was along time ago) a copy of some court papers with the word "MONDAY" on the top of them.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon