Reply to post: Re: 0laf

What's that? Uber isn't actually worth $82bn? Reverse-gear IPO shows the gig (economy) is up

Tigra 07 Silver badge
Meh

Re: 0laf

"I'm not a cyclist hater, I see many more stupid and dangerous things done every day by drivers than cyclists. But I think cyclist have some 'evangelists' that go out tooled up with cameras looking for trouble and that engenders a lot of bad feeling."

I've been a cyclist for about 5 years now and the police do <u>fuck all</u> even with evidence when a serious offence is reported to them. It's unfair to criticise people for having an inexpensive camera mounted to their (probably expensive) transport to pursue a prosecution, when the chance of being killed in a minor crash is high. I don't have a camera but i see why so many do.

RE: Valerion: "I've never seen a car do the same"

You've never seen a car pass a red light? That must be a lie. I see them every day on the way back from work. I even see them driving on the wrong side of the road commonly, and without lights on in the dark some evenings. I'd love more traffic police around and speed cameras.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019