Reply to post: Well done!

Veteran vulture Andrew Orlowski is offski after 19 years at The Register

Michael Jarve
Thumb Up

Well done!

Andrew, you've been here since I started visiting the site, like a regular at the local, and I'm going to miss seeing you. I've enjoyed your writings and musings over the years, as well as your well-informed opinion pieces (which I did not always agree with, though I could not argue that they were poorly written- just that the conclusions didn't always mesh with my own, given the facts). My hat off to you for your work and dedication to critical and timely journalism, and not being the least bit timid about calling a spade a spade (as many of The Register's contributors have also done).

I now wonder who will feature as El Reg's senior curmudgeon, as they are some large shoes to fill. One of my other favorite (print) publications, Stereophile, is also transitioning to a new generation, although John Atkinson is staying on as a technical editor, and he's groomed his replacement for some time. I wonder if Andrew has done the same, finding another writer of wry wit, with a hard-nose and critical eye to follow in his footsteps.

All the same, I wish you the best on your future, and the gods bless whoever takes over as the Reg's voice.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon