Reply to post:

Lightning speed – how fast is that again? Virgin plugs in another 102k to superfast broadband

John Brown (no body) Silver badge

"TVMix, (two boxex a V6 and a Tivo)"

You'll get a free self-install V6 to replace the Tivo sometime.

When I first upgraded to Tivo, they sent it and told me I could keep the old box and it would continue to work (I already had a second tv Coax in another room). Then a free upgrade to a V6 happened and I was told I could keep the Tivo. The other week, I got a phone call to say they would be sending out a V6 to replace the old Tivo, so now I have two V6 boxes. I've never paid for nor requested any sort of multiroom other than many years ago when son still lived here and had his own cable box in his room. I also got a free 500GB HDD out of the Tivo before I dropped the rest of it off at the WEEE section of the recycling centre.

Also, never had any issue with VM/BlueYonder/Telewest/United Artists other than one failed cable modem that got replaced within two days and The Great New Year Outage when, IIRC, the major headend at Knowsley flooded and pretty much the entire network keeled over for a day or so.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon