Reply to post: Re: The USA wants Assange for what he did

'I do not wish to surrender' Julian Assange tells court over US extradition bid

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: The USA wants Assange for what he did

If you are speaking about WW2 (when bombs were dropped on the public during the war on both sides) I'm sure they were not laughing.They were probably wondering if their children had been bombed back home, not to mention if they were going to even get back home. I would expect that the german pilots had much the same going through their minds too.

Back then, bombing the non-combatants happened on both sides and was thankfully outlawed in future wars.

Today, the helicopter pilots are very different from those back then. They have computerised weapons that can pick out individual targets miles away from danger and take them out. They can hover their chopper behind a building, pop up and get a look, pop down again to select targets, pop up and fire. Their weapons are able to so much more than simply dropping a bomb hoping it will hit the right target, they literally see like eagles and have full control over what/who they hit assuming that the systems are working correctly.

Todays armed forces have this ability because of the outlawing of simply dropping bombs on people and crossing fingers.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon