Reply to post: Frankly, I'm going to downvote myself

Apple iPhone sales down by double digits, Mac sales knifed by Intel CPU 'constraints'

andymcp

Frankly, I'm going to downvote myself

I have a current top-tier iPhone, and I bloody love it.

The notch doesn't bother me at all, I only use wireless headphones anyway and since I stream almost all my music and photos go to some cloudy place, storage just doesn't count.

It's not a must-have urge to buy all things shiny either - the Apple Watch it's paired to is the original, so old it didn't even get to be called Series 1. I have to use all manner of mobiles with work, and while there's a certain nostalgia in having a play with a 6S, or a Plus, when I pick up one of my old or recent Androids they just feel a bit stuck together in comparison. It bugs the crap out of me. I *should* mock Apple and their stupid design restrictions and crappy walled garden approach, but I don't. I'll happily tinker on Android, but when it's about my personal use and just getting on with stuff, I find I naturally grab the fruity one.

I'm off to get a job in marketing or recruitment and contemplate life from the comfortable safety zone of the nearest Starbucks (with thoughts shared on Insta, natch). I've obviously ended up in the wrong industry.

I do feel a bit of a schmuck when I see they made $11.5bn in *a quarter* out of numpties like me though.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon