Reply to post: Re: You can pry my password from my cold, dead lips.

FYI: Yeah, the cops can force your finger onto a suspect's iPhone to see if it unlocks, says judge

LucreLout Silver badge

Re: You can pry my password from my cold, dead lips.

I simply don't use a so-called smart phone or any other thingie that requires an Internet connection to be useful.

Fair enough - I can't see any fault with this, though personally I'd find it inconvenient.

And no, you do NOT "need" your so-called smart phone and access to all that stuff 24/7.

True. I also don't need a one night stand with Nicole Kidman, but I can't say as I'd pass up the opportunity. It's not about need for me, it's about my own personal convenience. My smartphone lets me do emails, browse the news, and watch training videos/TED talks/other shit from the train, which is otherwise dead time.

You are not important enough in the great scheme of things.

Oh I agree. There's no confusion about that. 99.99 percent of the world would continue on just peachy if I simply ceased to exist.

Turn off, tune out, drop the electronic leash. You'll be a lot happier over all.

I'm not sure I would. See, I don't see it as a leash. I don't do social media, so I'm not wasting time tethered to farcebook or instagran or some other meaningless to me gubbins. But I do use my phone for things that make my life easier - like when the hire car hasn't come with a satnav and I'm in a foreign city for the first time.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019