Reply to post:

Bloke faces up to 20 years in the clink after gun held to dot-com owner's head in robbery

Kiwi
Pint

criminals are criminals, but a society that condones rape, of women or men, as punishment, is itself morally bankrupt.

Trust me, I do not condone rape. Not under any circumstances.

Have you ever considered that the sort of stuff this miscreant was posting on his site is tantamount to rape in many ways? For some of his victims the damage will be within the same range. I know this both as a person who has been through rape (and the ongoing effects it can have, although through my faith that has somewhat been alleviated and as someone who has spent some time helping people through having nasty stuff posted online.

I can sometimes joke about the nasty things in life. I have empathy for people who have had to endure all sorts of things (orphaned young, lost many friends, terribly failed relationships, raped - and stuff worse even than that which probably won't ever come up here). But because of who I know, who I've cried with and why - nope, I really cannot find any sympathy for this guy. He has not just selfishly contributed a lot to the nasty side of this world, but has tried to make money from other people's mistakes and misfortune.

He wanted to profit from pain. Maybe now he's going to experience more pain than he considered, only directed at him instead of coming from him.

I don't believe in Karma, but this could make a pretty convincing argument.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon