Reply to post: Re: The non delivery

Motion detectors: say hello, wave goodbye and… flushhhhhh

CrazyOldCatMan Silver badge

Re: The non delivery

As for Yodel/Hermes

Pre-heart attack I used to buy copious boxes of wine[1] from a certain on-line wine supplier with whom I had a standing instruction that the delivery, if no-one was present, was to be left down the side of the house out of public view - which would have involved a walk of about 5 metres[2].

After the third delivery where they left the box on the front doorstep, in full view of people walking past[3] and the loss of two other boxes of wine[4], I made a formal complaint to the supplier.

The delivery company carried on leaving it on the front doorstep, I carried on complaining [5]. Eventually, the supplier got the hint and put me on their premium delivery scheme which meant it got delivered by Post Office Parcels. Who followed the delivery instructions..

[1] In this case, usually 12 or 14 bottles to a box. Which probably didn't help and may have been a contributary cause for the heart attack..

[2] And for the driver to actually read (or care about) the delivery instructions. Which were printed in easily-readable font just under the address on the box delivery label.

[3] The boxes were clearly labeled as being from a wine supplier and it wasn't hard to guess what they contained.

[4] Which the supplier replaced free of charge - thus costing them about £120 a time.

[5] And every complaint mean that the supplier sent me a £10 voucher - which over time probably paid for at least one box of wine.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon