Reply to post: Re: One, OK, hundred, I have my doubts

Are you sure you've got a floppy disk stuck in the drive? Or is it 100 lodged in the chassis?

The Oncoming Scorn Silver badge

Re: One, OK, hundred, I have my doubts

My users to borrow a phrase "Are not the sharpest fork in the toaster", the amounts of people that have to be walked through even the simplest of operations has lead me to script a menu that fires out the required "How To's......" e-mails, add any custom comments & gives me a copy to paste into the call resolution notes.

Just when I think I have made it self explanatory for the dumbest of users, another one comes along to take up the title of idiot missing its village (requiring another re-write), are challenged that they really can't tell the difference between "Sleep,logout, restart & shutdown, its got to the point where I fire up another scripted remote tool to pull up the last system boot time*, before I even ring up a user regarding the ticket.

Infact I might even script a automatic shutdown\restart for 4 hours after the e-mail goes out, with a comment that pointing out the machines last start up time.

*The record of oldest system boot up this year was topped 34 minutes before beer o'clock today with 28th January 2019.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon