Reply to post: Vodaphone customer service

Brit broadband giants slammed as folk whinge about crap connections, underwhelming speeds

Andy Non Silver badge

Vodaphone customer service

is pretty crap. I spent twenty minutes stuck in a queue waiting to speak to someone, then ten minutes speaking to some guy with a heavy Indian accent who did some tests then eventually passed me onto someone else with supposedly more technical knowledge but very poor English. The strained conversation with him lasted over half an hour. After yet more tests he seriously suggested I buy a replacement cable for the telegraph pole outside my house! After explaining I was not allowed to mess with the lines up the pole, he spoke to someone else and finally said he'd raise the issue with OpenReach. Forty eight hours later still no phone or internet so got onto Vodaphone customer services again. After another twenty minutes stuck in a queue, I spoke to someone for a mere couple of minutes who was actually English and she said the previous guy had just closed the ticket and marked it no action. She actually did raise the issue with OpenReach and a few hours later everything was up and running again.

When my contract is up, I'll be looking around at alternatives. Despite paying for the fastest broadband that Vodaphone do, there are still times when content pauses while it is buffering. It hasn't reached the level of annoyance yet required for me to face dealing with their customer services. I'll may just vote with me feet... if only the grass was greener elsewhere.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon